|Functions & Priorities|
|The function of the Board is to enforce is to provisions of the following Acts, Rules and Directives issued by the Authorities from time to time.|
- The Water (Prevention and Control of Pollution) Act, 1974
- The Water (Prevention and Control of Pollution) Cess Act, 1977
- The Air (Prevention and Control of Pollution) Act, 1981
- The Environment Protection Act,1986, various relevant Rules notified thereof
- The Hazardous and other Waste (Management and Trans boundary Movement) Rules,2016.
- The Manufacture, Storage and Import of Hazardous Chemicals Rules, 1989
- The Coastal Zone Regulation-Declaration Notification, 1991.
- The Environmental Clearance [including EIA-Environment, Impact Assessment] for expansion/modernization of activity or new projects, Procedure Notification, 1994
- The Environmental Public Hearing Rules, 1997.
- The Bio-Medical Waste (Management) Rules, 2016.
- The Rules for the Manufacture, Use, Import, Export and Storage of Hazardous micro-organism.
- Genetically Engineered Organism Cess, 1989.
- The Plastic Waste (Management) Rules, 2016
- Utilization of Fly Ash- Notification of Direction, 1989.
- The Noise Pollution (Regulation and Control) Rules, 2000.
- The Ozone Depleting Substances (Regulation and Control) Rules, 2000.
- The Municipal Solid Waste Management Rules
- The Batteries (Management & Handling) Rules, 2001.
- The Environmental Audit Scheme, 1996.
- The Public Liability Insurance Act, 1991.
- The National Green Tribunal Act, 2010.
- The E-Waste (Management) Rules, 2016.
- The Construction and Demolition Waste (Management) Rules, 2016.
- The Environmental Audit Scheme-1996 with Modification on 2014.
- The Public Liability insurance Act-1991